Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mis Patitos


Alhambra, Granada, Spain 

Coca-Cola written in Arabic in Fez, Morocco
After my junior year of high school came to a close my best friend, Ashley, moved to Tennessee for her senior year.  Following graduation, I was able to save up enough money to go visit her.  It was there, in Knoxville, TN summer 2009 that I bought Julio.  Julio is my little Mexican patito, complete with a sombrero and matching poncho, who is very special.  As soon as I adopted Julio, I embraced a new tradition.  Everywhere I travel, I bring Julio and take pictures of him in front of fascinating sites.  He loves to travel, just like his momma!  Thus far, mi patito has journeyed to various parts of the United States (Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, DC, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire y claro Massachusetts), Spain (Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Algeciras, Madrid, Segovia and Toledo) and Morocco (Tangier, Rabat, Fez, and Chefchaouen).  Hence, please follow Julio as he travels the world conmigo by “friending” him on Facebook.  Yes, I made my duck a Facebook.  No, I am not ashamed. 
Boston gardens with my friend Ellen
Plaza Colon, Madrid, Spain
Philly LOVE sign
The other duck accompanying me on my travels throughout Europe represents my friend Michael.  Have you ever played the game “Wanna Buy a Duck?”  If not, I would highly recommend researching it online because it is one of my absolute favorite games.  In the fall of 2010, I went to Philadelphia, PA for Merrimack College’s Alternative Fall Break program.  At some point over the course of the eight hour van ride, I introduced said game to my peers accompanying me on the service trip.  Needless to say, it was instantly loved by all!  After the weekend came to a close, one of my friends from the trip bought me three rubber ducks.  James, who I have previously introduced as one of my best friends from home, decided that the three ducks should represent me, him and our other good friend Mike.  Subsequently, he branded them as so, and the names have stuck ever since.  Mike could not study abroad with James and I this semester, since he is studying politics in Washington, DC, hence I take pictures of his duck with us throughout Spain just to humor him.  I know what you are thinking; “Best Friend EVER Award” goes to this girl right here! 



No comments:

Post a Comment